The other day I posted about PayPal Vs Stripe. A question that I’ve received is how easy is it to integrate the different payment gateways with different shopping carts. I was writing about it (below is the screenshot) and realise as long you have WordPress it’s pretty easy and hence the article is about how easy it is to set up shop using WordPress.
How does WordPress works
WordPress is really user-friendly, whatever you need is installed as a plugin and activated. WooCommerce, WP E-Commerce and many others are all shopping carts that requires you to install and are always free.
Why are they free? Because they survive on selling extensions or plugins to you. There’s no cost to them other than hosting their shopping card and developing the plugins.
Of course if you are popular enough such as WooCommerce (29% of shops in the world uses them base on data from Builtwith) there are bound to be free plugins that you can make use of. But since you are opening a shop, it is in my opinion to use the official paid ones to avoid problems such as broken payment or lack of support.
Ease of Ecommerce with WordPress
When compared to the other website building solutions, WordPress is as easy as it can get. Here are the 5 steps to start your own online store:
- Decide on features that you want in your on-line store such as payment gateways, promotion, analysis etc.
- Choose the E-commerce solution that you want to use based on things decided in step 1.
- Review actual cost by checking the prices of plugins and extensions you’ll need for your on-line store.
- Get your hosting and domain.
- Install WordPress and install the E-commerce plugin with the plugins and extensions you want.
- Get a great hosting with free domain with me and I’ll work with you to get it up within 3hrs (only available to People located in Singapore)
To answer again, integration of payment gateways with Ecommerce stores in WordPress is really easy. It’s the same as installing a plugin. The most difficult part is actually deciding how you want your store to look like and what features you want to have.